Critical Thinking for Administrative Professionals
This one-day, interactive workshop teaches those engaged in administrative and operations roles how to think logically and comprehensively about a situation and identify an appropriate course of action.
“I need it within the hour,” is a common phrase in today’s fast-paced work environments. The Critical Thinking for Administrative Professionals (CTAP) workshop delivers powerful short-cut thinking tools that administrative professionals can easily learn and immediately use. This workshop teaches critical thinking skills which provide more effective solutions to the kinds of challenges administrative and operations professionals encounter each day.
The CTAP processes give participants increased confidence to create and/or seize opportunities for improvement – whether individuals are solving problems, creating new opportunities, making decisions with limited time and information, or implementing plans.
What kind of return can a company expect from an investment in this program?
- Clearer explanations of problems and proactively recommended solutions.
- Better decisions based on defined criteria and the evaluation of several alternatives.
- Logical explanations for ideas and recommendations from administrative teams.
- Better implementation of plans and projects within budget and time constraints
- Improved responsiveness to immediate or time-sensitive needs.
This one-day program is designed for individuals engaged in administrative and operations roles that demonstrate competence in their primary job responsibilities and want to increase their ability to:
- Resolve issues and plan courses of action with limited time and information.
- Create and seize opportunities for improvement in how work is accomplished.
- Make timely, criteria-based decisions that balance desired outcomes with current realities and management expectations.
- Develop the confidence required to act with minimal planning while preventing future problems.
This program is applicable to anyone who is responsible for managing details, processes, schedules, or administrative functions for one individual, several people, or a large department.
CTAP is an interactive, action-focused program that teaches how to think logically and comprehensively about a situation and identify an appropriate course of action while preventing additional problems. Over fifty percent of this workshop involves participants in learner-driven activities and on-the-job application. The course utilitzes a dynamic blend of instructor presentation and individual skill practice in each of the CTAP concepts, using personal work concerns brought by participants.
After completing this workshop, participants will have learned skills and processes to:
- Utilize a situation analysis process to separate and prioritize complex issues while identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Define and evaluate criteria for effective judgment in decision making while balancing perfect and workable solutions.
- Develop competence in anticipating and preventing problems before they occur.
- Use short-cut applications and informal uses of the CTAP tools in daily work situations.
- Demonstrate a motivating bias toward action.
Included with this workshop are a comprehensive participant manual designed for easy reference including matrices, worksheets, checklists, and process flows; wall charts for group skill practice; an Action Plan; email and toll-free telephone support; and Action Management’s Success Story Award.
Application of Learning
AMAI’s Sustain the Impact process engages participants and managers before the workshop in selecting issues to address in the classroom. During the session, participants work on their own critical issues, participate in teams similar to real-life situations, see demonstrations and discussions of numerous short-cuts, and plan on-the-job use of the CTAP process.
After the workshop, participants and their managers are encouraged to meet to strategize on-going application of the concepts. Follow-up correspondence is sent to the participant and their manager, and attendees are encouraged to participate in AMAI’s Success Story Program where individuals receive a framed certificate for making a bottom-line impact through use of the concepts.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Critical Thinking for Business Growth
- Applied Critical Thinking
- Rapid Troubleshooter
- Critical Thinking for Administrative Professionals
Top 6 Things that Make THIS PROGRAM UNIQUE
Here are a few things that your key internal stakeholders will love about this training.